NoiseBreak - Kolkata Diary, Heritage Schools of Colonial Calcutta
You are here
Home > Kolkata Diary > Heritage Schools of Colonial Calcutta

HERITAGE SCHOOLS OF COLONIAL CALCUTTA – Scottish Church Collegiate School

Scottish Church Collegiate School, Kolkata

Rev. Alexander Duff, the first missionary to India from the Church of Scotland, founded  General Assembly's Institution on 13 July 1830, in Feringhi Kamal Bose’s house, located in upper Chitpore Road, near Jorasanko, with the support of Lord William Bentinck,  the then Governor General of India. In 1836 the institution

HERITAGE SCHOOLS OF COLONIAL CALCUTTA – Pratt Memorial School

Dedicated to the memory of Archdeacon John Henry Pratt, an educationalist, Pratt Memorial School, situated at 168, Lower Circular Road (AJC Bose Road), was founded in the year 1876, primarily for the education of Anglo Indian community and the Christian Children of the locality. An extremely kind hearted man, Archdeacon John Henry Pratt was keen

HERITAGE SCHOOLS OF COLONIAL CALCUTTA – St. James’ School

St. James School Kolkata - One the most oldest private school in India

Located at 165, AJC Bose Road, St. James' School, established on 25 July 1864 by Bishop George Edward Cotton, is a CNI (Church of North India) school. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious private schools in India and is associated with St. James' Church, Calcutta. During the first twenty years, the School had to

Top