The quality of your skin and hair mostly depends on your genes, nerves, emotions, food and lifestyle. So if you want healthy skin and hair, you have to follow a healthy lifestyle. Drink 4-5 liters water, eat food having vitamin C and A but avoid junk food, eat green vegetables, wash off your skin with a face wash twice a day, use cleaner to remove make-up and dirt before face wash, and wash your hair twice or thrice a week and use a conditioner after shampoo, avoid hair-dryer, straightner, curler, apply night-cream before slipping, avoid loose hair while sleeping (it can cause hair fall). So these are the basic rule of healthy hair and skin. Now let’s go to some advance process:
My opinion is to carry umbrella, sunglasses to protect your hair, skin and eyes from the UV rays. Always use sunscreen with SPF of 30 or above into your face and hands to avoid tan. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and heat stroke. But if you have tan you can try
Lemon and aloe vera pack. Juice a lemon and mash the aloe vera Mix them properly until an aromatic paste is formed. Apply this onto the tanned area of the skin and allow it to dry. You need to apply this paste twice or thrice a day to cleanse and prevent your skin from getting tanned from time-to-time. This is also an effective cure for dark circles around eyes.
In case you forget to apply sunscreen while going out in the sun, you can make up for the damage caused by applying natural aloe vera gel or cool green tea on your face to soothe the burnt skin.
You can use yogurt, honey face pack. Make a thick paste by mixing all the three ingredients well. Apply this pack on the dried skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Later, rinse it off with cold water. This pack helps in moisturizing and radiating your skin under the dire circumstances.
Mix avocado oil, aloe vera juice and water and put this concoction in a spritz bottle. Keep it handy whenever you feel the dryness levels in your hair rise.
This is a great hack. After applying sunscreen on your body, simply run your fingers through your hair and let the residual sunscreen protect your hair from UV rays.
After shampooing your hair, heat any natural oil (coconut, almond or olive) and apply it to your hair from the tips to the roots. Your hair will feel soft and healthy instantly.
After bearing with extreme hit of the sun monsoon comes with a sign of relief. But with the advent of rain, the added moisture in the atmosphere gives rise to oily scalp, frizzy hair.
During the rainy season, do not use oil-based products on your face as they tend to block the pores and can lead to acne; especially if your skin type is prone to oiliness. Keep away from water-based makeup as it can get smudged if you get caught in rains unawares.
Try n use natural scrubber atleast thrice a week. It removes dead cell from your skin. Moisturize your skin regularly. You can use ‘besan’, honey, milk etc to have a clean and glowing face. Use hot water to wash instead of cold in oily skin.
Do not skip washing your hair thrice a week. Use a conditioner which moisturizes your hair and minimize the frizz.
Give the hair a tea-water and lemon rinse after shampoo. Boil used tea leaves again in enough water. After boiling, you should have about five to six cups of tea-water. Cool and strain it. Add lemon juice and use it as a last rinse after shampoo.
Oils should always be mixed with oil, rose water, or mineral water. Add five drops of Tea Tree Oil to 100 ml water. Shake well and keep in an airtight bottle. Apply this on the scalp, after shampoo and leave on.
Use less shampoo and rinse well with water. To add shine, whisk egg white with the juice of a lemon and apply on the hair half an hour before your shampoo. For a fragrant hair rinse, add the juice of a lemon and half a cup of rose water to a mug of water and use as a last rinse after washing the hair.
You need special care of both hair and skin in winter. In this season the skin and hair become dry. You need to moisturize it daily. Use sunscreen to protect your skin. You may think u shouldn’t need sunscreen in this season but you really do. Apply moisturizing lip balm and cream to avoid dryness in your skin.
Some use baking soda and apple cider vinegar exclusively to wash their hair. If you search online for “baking soda hair” or “baking soda shampoo,” you’ll find countless stories of people who say their hair is fuller, healthier, and stronger using these two natural ingredients.
Don not use shampoo frequently as it can dry your hair and scalp and don’t forget conditioner. You can use take drops of oil and apply it thoroughly to your hair. Don’t skip the regular oil massage in your sculpt, it will regulate blood circulation and moisturize your hair.
- Dandruff causes hairfall and nowadays it has become the common problem of the most women. We have gathered some opinions to remove them.
- Mix ¼ cup neem juice, coconut milk and beetroot juice, 1 tsp coconut oil and massage the pack into the scalp. Wash it after 20 minutes with a herbal shampoo and conditioner.
- Crush 2 aspirin tablets and add it to any normal shampoo. Let it lather and keep it on for 5 minutes. Wash your hair. If you feel the aspirin powder on your scalp, rinse again with plain shampoo.
- Rub lemon slices or juice of 4-5 lemons on your scalp and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with plain water. Do this once a week to see results.
- You can either scoop out gel from aloe plant or use gel sold in drugstores. Simply massage it on your scalp and let it stay for 30 minutes. Make sure your hair isn’t oiled. Wash with plain water or mild shampoo. People who have dry, frizzy hair can simply do away with washing it off too for a day.
- Soak reetha in water overnight. In the morning, grind them and boil the powder in water. Strain. Now add 1 tbp amla juice or powder to it and mix well. Use 2-3 cups water to make it a paste if required. Apply on scalp for 30 minutes and then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- You can add a few drops of tea tree oil to your favorite shampoo as you wash normally.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo, then rinse with an alcohol-based mouthwash. Follow with your regular conditioner. Mouthwash’s anti-fungal properties help prevent dandruff-causing yeast from growing.
- Make a mix of lemon juice + white vinegar to put on the scalp to get rid of dandruff. Wash after 10 minutes and follow this method for three consecutive days.
- Garlic’s antimicrobial properties are perfect for eliminating dandruff-causing bacteria. Crush garlic and rub it into your scalp.
In the opinion of http://food.ndtv.com,
- A mouthful of amla and aloe vera juice first thing in the morning.
- Two teaspoon flaxseeds everyday.
- Hair wash at least thrice a week (oiling (once a week), followed by a hair pack/wrap, shampooing, conditioning and applying serum).
- At least two litres of water everyday.
- Combing properly, only wooden comb.
- Including green tea, nuts, dry fruits and green leafy vegetables in my regular diet; less of caffeine.
- Ditching hair styling products completely, also hair colouring, ironing, etc.
- Using only mild, herbal products; no cosmetics.
Onion juice can be mixed with crushed methi seed powder and kept overnight with honey. Apply it on dry scalp, or mixed with olive oil for normal scalp. It can also be applied for focal hair loss patches. Onion has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It also helps fight hair lice, dandruff and can be used as a natural hair nourisher and conditioner. I have also used onion juice along with aloe vera juice and olive oil.
It is necessary to visit a dermatologist at least once a year. Do hair spa at least eight times a year. If you don’t want to go to the parlour, there are some simple steps by Dr Bhardwaj,
Oiling a night before (optional). Wash your hair. Message your hair and scalp with a hair/scalp nourishing mix – beer/vodka +white vinegar + curd for oily scalp, curd + banana for dry scalp, and curd + papaya for combination scalp. Put a hair cap and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse. Take a hot towel and wrap around your head – this will facilitate opening of the pores and absorption of various nutrients. Apply hair pack (reetha/amla/sheekakai/mehendi) and leave for 10 minutes. Wash and apply serum.
- Mix thoroughly one ripe banana, one tablespoon of honey and one table spoon of milk powder together with 1-2 drops of Rosemary essential Oil. Apply all over the hair and cover the hair with a shower cap. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Then shampoo with a natural shampoo and apply a protein conditioner.
- Mix thoroughly 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk, 1 tablespoon of milk powder and juice of half a lemon with 2 drops lavender essential Oil. Apply it on hair, and cover with a shower cap. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Then shampoo with a natural shampoo and apply a protein conditioner if your hair is not too oily.
Coconut milk can work for both skin and hair. ‘http://food.ndtv.com’ says, ‘A gentle massage for 5 minutes with home-made coconut milk followed by a hot towel can have a good nourishing is particularly beneficial for restoring dry, damaged and brittle hair, as well as split ends. Coconut milk contains all the essential nutrients required for healthy hair, boosting your hair follicles and promoting hair growth. Apply coconut milk on your hair and massage for 3 to 5 minutes. Shampoo as usual, after 20 minutes. You can either wash your hair with equal amounts of coconut milk and shampoo, or use coconut milk as a leave-in conditioner. This adds volume to your hair, makes it less greasy and promotes longer, thicker hair (with that shine you’ve always wanted).’ They also says, ‘Coconut milk has high levels of Vitamin C which helps maintain elasticity and flexibility of skin. It is also rich in copper, and prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots. You can soak 6-7 almonds overnight, and peel their skins off in the morning, grind into a smooth paste and add 5-6 drops of coconut milk. Mix well and apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes, and wash it off with cold water. Add 1 cup of rose petals, ½ cup of rose water and 1 cup of coconut milk to lukewarm water in a tub. Soaking in this bath for about 15 minutes will help restore moisture in dry skin. Application of coconut milk over sunburnt skin aids in rapid healing because of its anti-inflammatory properties.’
For under eye bags and dark circles, take used chamomile tea bags and store them in the freezer. Grate half a cucumber and massage around eye area and then lie down with the tea bags on your eyes for 10 minutes. You will find an instant difference in the way your eyes look and feel.
For healthy hair and skin keep a check on your diet. Reduce smoking and alcohol consumption. Sleep properly. De-stress. Exercise regularly and include walnuts, flaxseeds and green leafy vegetables in your daily.
Alright, now you know how to make your skin and hair better. Now, just go for it.