Robinson Returns: Two Sons Kept Their Mother’s Skeleton For 9 Months
You are here
Home > Bengal > Robinson Returns: Two Sons Kept Their Mother’s Skeleton For 9 Months

Robinson Returns: Two Sons Kept Their Mother’s Skeleton For 9 Months


The house is situated on large land and far from the main road. Apparently, that is reason why the stench from the body did not attract attention, locals said.

Two men kept their mother’s body in their house at Simhat in Nadia district for almost nine months. On Sunday, the skeleton was recovered. That reminds the Rabinson Street incident of last year in June where Partho Dey had been living with his elder sister’s skeleton for six months. He used to give food to his sister daily.

two brothers, Ajit and Arun Saha

The two brothers, 65 years old Arun Saha and 55 years old Ajit Saha, both unmarried told police Nani Bala, their mother, died on 16th January at the age of 85, they could not take the body for cremation as it was very cold then.

The elder brother said, “We thought of taking the body to the crematorium a few days later. But later, maggots formed in the body and it was not taken for cremation.”

Local said that the brothers did not interact with neighbors, if inquired about the woman’s health they always says that she is nice.

skeleton of the mother

A few days earlier, a local, Rupak Adhikari went to the house on behalf of Haringhata Municipality for a survey. He had to measure the house and analyze some documents but was not permitted inside. He became suspicious and talked about this with other locals and chalked out a plan.

They formed a team of six people and sought to visit their mother Sunday morning. The brothers did not allow them. Then a large number of people entered the house forcibly and found the skeleton covered by blanket in a dark, shabby and dirty room.

They don’t do anything for a living and led a frugal life. 10 years ago the older brother stopped to do private tuitions, locals said. Since then, they formed distance from the neighbors. Slowly they parted with everyone in the area. Even they don’t have connection with their uncle Bimal Saha, resident of the same area.

dragged them to police van

As the news spread crowd broke into the house. Police came but they did not wanted to go with the police. Neighbors dragged them to the police van.

Police said the two brothers have been detained and are being interrogated. They seemed to have psychological problems.

After bringing them to the police station the police gave them rice-sabzi-fish. They said after finishing the food, “I have eaten rice after one year. Would you give some more?” Then what were they suppose to eat. The older answered, “Why! Puff-rice.”

Abhisikta Ganguly
I am an ordinary girl with extraordinary dreams which I live with to fulfill. People find me to be an upbeat, self-motivated team player. I will work until my idols become my rivals. I love adventures and love to explore the unknown from the very known thing. Besides, I love singing, writing and reading stories, listen to music and watching cartoons and movies.

Leave a Reply